I love to make blackberry lemonade, it tastes amazing, smells great, plus blackberries are super good for you. They actually have a lot of skin benefits whether you eat them raw or slather the juice on your face. So naturally it got me thinking, why not make this recipe into a body scrub?
I have to say, it worked out pretty great! I think you will enjoy this one 😉
This blend of ingredients is great for:
- Hydrating dry skin
- Rejuvenating skin
- Fighting sun damage
- Improving overall complexion
- 1/2 cup of Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/8 cup Shea Butter (semi-melted)
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tsp of Almond Oil
- 1 tbsp Blackberry Powder (finest grain)
- 1 tbsp fresh blackberry juice (optional)
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil (Grapefruit is nice too)
- 10 drops Blackberry Essential Oil
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the essential oils in bowl and mix well with a blender.
- Scrub should be a light, whipped consistency. If too wet, add in more sugar.
- Add essential oils, blend and allow it sit for at least one hour.
*** Store scrub at room temperature to prevent the coconut oil from hardening. Should last about 30 days.
This scrub is made for the body. Just be careful not to use if you have any open sores or cuts. Please do not use on the face as it may be too harsh. Enjoy!
Save this article for later by pinning the image below: