Super Breakfast Bowl Recipe for Pregnancy and Postpartum
Happy Sunday Mamas! I wanted to jump on here and drop a quick recipe for you ;-)
This Super Breakfast Bowl is SUPER easy to make and a great energy boost for both pregnant and postpartum mamas. Made with base quinoa, coconut milk, nutmeg and cinnamon it had a sweet flavor but won't overwhelm your taste buds. Then you can add in whatever you'd like! For me its nuts, coconut flakes, fresh fruit, my favorite seeds. But feel free to make this your own!
- 1 cup Red quinoa washed (white is also fine)
- 2 1/2 cup Coconut milk (or any nut milk)
- 2-3 dashes Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or you can use 1-2 cinnamon sticks)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla (this is optional. Also, you can use vanilla flavored nut milk as well, delicious!)
- 1/2 Apple (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- Pumpkin Seed
- Chia Seed
- Flax Seed
- Coconut Flakes
- Maple Syrup (optional, sweeten to taste)
- Add whatever you like as long as it's healthy!
How to Create:
1. In a small pot bring 2 cups coconut milk to a boil. Save the other 1/2 for later.
2. Add quinoa, nutmeg, and cinnamon to the pot, cover and let cook for 15-17 mins until quinoa is fluffy and soft.
3. Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the remaining coconut milk to the pot. Gently stir. If you prefer a wetter bowl than add in more milk!
4. Pour cooked quinoa into your serving bowl and add on your favorite healthy toppings!
*Tip - this breakfast bowl combined with my homemade Hot Maca Cacao Recipe is an excellent energy AND mood booster! That recipe is on my Instagram highlights, I will add it here for you soon :-)